Thursday, April 9, 2009

One Step Closer

So on Tuesday I gave my Senior Seminar presentation. This event is meant to be the culmination of four years, or in most cases three years, of geologic studies (yet several people, myself included, hold indignations about how it is run...). First and foremost I have to give thanks to Julie who pushed and encouraged me to finish, made my presentation look pretty, cut all the cheese and prepared the crackers, waited for my flyers to print, and was always there to help. I also owe thanks to Donnie who listened patiently as I talked-no, stumbled through my practice presentation two hours before the real thing and provided me with valuable suggestions of things to revise or add. Without the help from these two people my presentation would not have gone as smoothly as it did.

That being said, it was a tremendous relief once Brugger began asking the silly questions during the question session after the presentation (for those who are unawares, Brugger is notorious for his feistiness in the question session, so you know you are off the hook once he asks a silly question!). However, with the onset of "senioritis" having set in weeks before, it is going to be important to pull myself together and make sure I keep up the good grades in classes and not let the completion of senior sem be the end of school work.

Regardless, with the most time-consuming project of my life completed, I get to focus more on cooking some cool meal!

1 comment: